Application for Enrollment for 2021-2022 School Year
North Park Church Cooperative Preschool’s plan is to open for in-person preschool in Fall 2021. Please note, the application this year includes a third page including a note on Remote Learning, should that be required of the school come September.
North Park Church Cooperative Preschool Mission Statement
North Park Church Cooperative Preschool (NPCCP), a program of the Board of Christian Formation of the North Park Covenant Church, provides a developmentally appropriate environment which enables young children to develop their social, emotional, physical, and cognitive skills in a warm and nurturing atmosphere. The school prepares children and the wider community for their next school experience through the combined efforts of the teacher and parent/caregiver volunteers.
NPCCP Philosophy Statement
The North Park Church Cooperative Preschool curriculum focuses on the whole child, including in its scope physical, cognitive, social, and emotional growth. The curriculum is based on the following developmental principles of early childhood education:
- Children learn by doing; in their environment, they try out ideas through playful interaction with objects and people and through manipulating and exploring.
- Children construct knowledge and develop understanding through the interaction of their own thinking with their experiences in the external world.
- Children learn in a supportive, open-ended, predictable, and positive environment where they feel safe and are encouraged to take risks.
- Children learn with responsive, thoughtful guidance, not primarily through direct teaching from adults.
North Park Church Cooperative Preschool is a cooperative. A cooperative enhances the educational experience of students and their families in the following ways:
- It eases the transition of children from home to school.
- It helps children learn how to interact with adults other than their parents.
- It allows parents to observe social behaviors between their child and his/her peers.
- It enables the school to keep tuition costs affordable.
North Park Church Cooperative Preschool believes that the development of moral character begins in the earliest years of childhood. Because children learn through their observations, the Preschool teachers strive by their example and guidance to model the Christian values of kindness, love, acceptance, and tolerance. At all times, the school acknowledges and respects the religious backgrounds of each of its students.
NPCCP Response to COVID-19
We are reopening on September 14, 2020, with remote instruction only.
NPCCP Tuition and Class Times
The fees listed are for the 2020-2021 school year, for as long as we are operating with a remote learning program.
Child turns 3 years old between September 1 and December 31, 2020.
In-person: Tuesday/Thursday, 9-11:15 am ($200/month; $1,800/year)
Remote: Tuesday/Thursday, 9-9:30 am ($100/month; $900/year)
Child must be 3 years old by September 1, 2020.
In-person: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 9-11:15 am ($245/month; $2,205/year)
Remote: Wednesday/Friday, 9-9:45 am ($125/month; $1,125/year)
Child must be 4 years old by September 1, 2020.
In-person: Monday through Thursday, 12:30-3:15 pm ($315/month; $2,835/year)
Remote: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 10-10:45 am ($150/month; $1,350/year)