As a member church of the Evangelical Covenant Church, North Park Covenant Church seeks to form and nurture community around a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ. Important to this faith is the embodiment of our core beliefs beyond the walls of our church and into our neighborhood and world. Since its founding in 1885, the Evangelical Covenant Church has identified six key principles that have helped guide us in our journey as a community. These principles are as follows:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
The Mission of NPCC
The mission of North Park Covenant Church is:
- To unite people for Christian worship of God so that we may enable all of life to be given to the glory of God;
- To build community as the body of Christ and encourage spiritual development through Christian education and discipleship;
- Through proclamation in word and deed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to call people to personal faith and to minister in our neighborhood, our city, and our world.